It has been revealed that Steven Purcell, former head of Glasgow City Council, is undergoing a police investigation. He has been alleged of being corrupt. Strathclyde Police are probing into documents to verify whether Purcell employed unjustifiable influence to obtain a £50,000 contract for friend and fellow councilor, Ruth Black.
It has been revealed that a special women’s mental health unit in Christchurch is edging towards a close. The reason for its closure is the lack of funding and an alteration in the unit's role. The unit is slated to close for ever at the end of next month.
According a recent report, the construction activity in Australia has been seen diluting this March as the industry is suffering a contraction, post two months of growth. The construction index for the Housing Industry Association reported a drop in performance by 4.1 points, during the month. The number falls below the 50 mark, which distinguishes expansion from contraction.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone