To save thousands of people from deaths, the Government set aside €80 million for the swine flu vaccines out of which only a fraction of the amount was used.
Special press conferences were organized at the Government buildings to hear the high ranked health officials talk about the health threat that the public was facing.
The Manitoba officials had announced that the Government is soon going to renovate the vacant Sharon Home, a personal care facility on Magnus Avenue to convert it into a drug treatment centre adding 78 new beds to it.
However, the plan has been put on a hold for while in view of the rise in the estimated costs.
Institute of Medicine panel of experts reported on Friday that according to a study it has been found that the Gulf War veterans suffer unevenly from post-traumatic stress disorder. It has also been found that those involved in Gulf also have some psychiatric ailments and some unidentifiable symptoms that are known as Gulf War Syndrome.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone