Washington - US President Barack Obama met Thursday with Tanzanian President Jakaya Kikwete, with the two leaders discussing cooperation with other partners in the region to seek solutions to some of Africa's worst conflicts.
Their talks addressed US-Tanzanian partnerships in health, education and agriculture.
A study in the May 21 Nature reveals that surplus of cancer-suppressing proteins formed in cases of Down syndrome is the reason why cancer is so rare in the ones affected by this syndrome.
People born with Down syndrome have an extra copy of chromosome 21, instead of the usual two copies, one from each parent, and thus they inherit 231 extra genes.
On Wednesday, Vista Equity Partners raised its bid for software maker SumTotal Systems Inc. to $4.85 per share which values the company at about $163 million.
San Francisco-based Vista said it would increase that offer to $4.95 if SumTotal's breakup fee with rival bidder Accel-KKR is invalidated or reduced.
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez