The Asia Cup will take place as scheduled even if any team decides not to take part in it, Asian Cricket Council (ACC) chief executive Ashraful Huq declared on Thursday.
Commenting on reports that Pakistan might withdraw from the tournament, which is scheduled to take place between February 25 and March 8 in Bangladesh, Huq also said that those who believe that the tournament would be shifted elsewhere were living in a fool's paradise.
East Asia is now more prone to be hit by powerful tropical cyclones than three decades back, a study by researcher at Seoul National University of South Korea has warned.
The researchers led by Chang-Hoi Ho analyzed five separate data sets that documented the development of tropical cyclones across the north-west Pacific between 1977 and 2010, and found that East Asian countries like China, Korea and Japan have experienced increasingly powerful cyclones.
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has expressed its intentions to achieve a greater level of expansion in Asian markets.
Hiroshi Kawano, the president of SCE Japan and Asia, said that the company had always been looking at Asia and would continue to seek growth there as region was a promising market for the company.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits