Ignition problems in the General Motors cars that supposedly have resulted in 12 deaths and 30 accidents have led to recall of more than 824,000 cars by General Motors. Last month, the company sent out a note to recall 1.6 million cars with industry analysts questioning the delay in recalling the vehicles when the company knew about the defect way back in 2001 itself.
In a Wednesday announcement, Google and VMWare have revealed that they have signed a partnership which will allow legacy Windows software to run on Chrome OS. As a result of the partnership, Google's low-cost Chrome OS laptops and desktop boxes will run Windows-only enterprise software, like accounting applications.
Taiwanese device maker HTC has revealed in a recent statement that it has signed a 'patent and technology collaboration' deal with Finland-based handset maker Nokia. The deal signed by HTC and Nokia marks the settlement of all the long-running patent-infringement lawsuits which the two companies are fighting against each other.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone