On account of the speculation that the Gartmore would be bought out by competitor Henderson Group, its shares increased about 6pc last night.
There has been an expectation of a buyout deal between Gartmore and Henderson at an amount worth a £344m by the end of this year, but no information has been arrived from both the Companies.
It is official, and with the announcement made by Barclays PLC all doubts surrounding a new successor as the CEO of the bank has been clarified. According to the latest announcement, Barclays very own Mr. Bob Diamond will taking over the challenge of heading the bank as the CEO, while Mr. John Varley will be stepping down from his post.
The US Treasury has announced that the sale of its part in Citigroup has fetched a profit amounting to $12-billion. The profit has been earned on its overall investment in Citigroup It needs to be remembered that the US government had provided a relief bail-out of $45-billion to the financial group, after it had crashed out in one of the worst economic downturns ever witnessed.
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez