A recent report talked about several BBC journalists taking part in a 24-hour strike over their disagreement with management over compulsory redundancies. It has been said that the National Union of Journalists was left with no option but to take stern action after they could not reach at some common point over the issue of redeployment of 30 staff members facing compulsory redundancy.
George Entwistle has resigned from his post of Director-General on Saturday night just after serving BBC for over a month. It has been reported that apart from his £877,000 pension, he will be given £450,000 lump sum, which has raised criticism. One of the MPs has claimed the act to be unjustifiable and non-acceptable.
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez