Permira, which is a private equity firm of the Media Empire News Corporation, has sold pay-TV encryption company NDS to Cisco for a whopping $5bn. NDS provides encryption technology for BSkyB. This acquisition makes London based company one of highest grossing investments of News Corporation in the last 20 years.
Cisco, one of the leading networking equipment manufacturers, announced its first home videoconferencing set-up on Wednesday in San Francisco. The set-up, called Umi telepresence, is a “tranformational” consumer-level videoconferencing system that allows users to connect to others from their living rooms.
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez