Microsoft will kick off the holiday-season discounts on Monday, when Dell's Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1-based tablet will be sold by the company for $99 --- only for one day. The offer will be available only in Microsoft's retail and online stores in the US, and only in retail stores in Canada; with each customer limited to one device.
On Wednesday, Dell offered an explanation for its newest Latitude 6430u ultrabook's offensive `cat urine-like' odor about which the users of the device have been complaining since June. Confirming the odor emanating from its Latitude 6430u ultrabooks, Dell said that the problem is linked to an unspecified manufacturing process.
Dell has struck a $2 million deal to supply a 3,200 core high-performance compute cloud to the National Computational Infrastructure.
The agreement will result into the establishment of a node of the National eResearch Collaboration Tools and Resources Research Cloud within the Australian computational and data-intensive research environment.
Market has been abuzz with founder of world's No. 3 PC maker making a buyout offer for its company, which recently showed a dismal performance in profit with a 31% drop in fourth quarter. It has been stated that Michael Dell has apparently offered $13.65 a share, after the earnings report, but some major investors have refused the deal, worth $24.4 billion.
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK