Republic Wireless confirmed on Thursday that it will be offering the Motorola Moto X handset off contract for $299 - with four new monthly service plans - from November. The announcement implies that the $299 off contract price, at which Republic Wireless will be selling Moto X, will be the cheapest price for getting the latest Motorola handset without a contract.
In a Thursday confirmation, wireless startup Republic Wireless said that it will start offering the 16GB version of the Motorola Moto X smartphone for $229 without a contract. The stores of Republic Wireless will start selling the Moto X in November; with the two color options for the handset being `woven black' and `woven white.'
According to preliminary results from IHS Inc, the manufacturing cost of Motorola's Moto X handset is slightly more than that of the Apple iPhone 5.
On Wednesday, the US Court of Appeals overturned an International Trade Commission (ITC) ruling that Apple's multitouch display patent had not been infringed on by Google's Motorola Mobility subsidiary. The court's ruling delivers a severe blow to Motorola as well to the Android community as a whole.
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone