The 40-year-old extraterrestrial distance record was broken on 16 May 2013.
This was followed by a lengthy exploration of the red planet for nine years. The six wheeled robot created a new record by travelling a grand distance of 35.760 kilometers from the time it landed on the red planet in year 2004.
Sources suggested about a spacewalk that will be carried out by two astronauts for fixing an ammonia leakage in the International Space Station's power system.
Sources suggested that a spacewalk on short notice is a rare scenario. However, as said by the US space agency, the six-member crew is not in any sort of danger from this space voyage.
A new feather in the cap of NASA can be witnessed as its Landsat satellite captured a remarkable image of an active volcano.
NASA's Landsat Data Continuity Mission satellite captured the volcano from 438 miles above Indonesia's Flores Sea. The Operational Land Imager (OLI) and the Thermal Infrared Sensor (TIRS) aided in recording the images.
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez