Yelp Inc, the company that operates Yelp.com, the consumer review website reported a loss in the latest quarter which ended in June and also lowered its revenue forecast for the ongoing quarter. It cited slow sales rate and phasing out of its brand-advertising product as reason for the unexpectedly lower results.
In a move which substantiated last-month reports, Internet firm Yahoo has worked out a partnership with online review firm Yelp, in an evident attempt to bring about an improvement in its search engine.
As a result of the Yahoo-Yelp partnership, ratings and excerpts from Yelp's merchant reviews started appearing in Yahoo's search results on Wednesday.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone