Numerous New South Wales nurses took to the streets yesterday in a statewide protest in support of their demand for an improvement of the ratio of patients to available nurses.
The nurses’ demand from the NSW Health Care Ministry that the regulation of one nurse caring for maximal four patients in public clinics and health service institutions should be introduced.
Following a board meeting in Downpatrick on Wednesday, the South Eastern Health Trust (SEHT) has agreed to controversial changes to the health services and A&E cover at Downe Hospital. As part of these changes, local GPs will soon be staffing the A&E unit at Downe from 10:00pm to 8:00am GMT, from the hospital in Downpatrick to Lagan Valley Hospital in Lisburn.
There have been huge variations in the care provided by the NHS at different geographical areas. A Government document published that patients face postcode lottery of NHS care.
A lot of differences are observed in the care and treatment of the patients at NHS countrywide, depending upon the location. The standards of services differ with changing geographical location.
- Dell set to introduce its Dell Chromebook 11
- LG announces $349-priced G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition tablet
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally