NICE has announced on Wednesday that it won't be recommending the use of Tykerb by GlaxoSmithKline, Herceptin by Roche Holding, when mixed with another drug to treat women suffering from the dreaded condition known as breast cancer. The other drug, with whom the combination of the above two medicines has not been advised by NICE is an aromatase inhibitor.
The concerns have raised over less people getting themselves vaccinated against flu and that have led doctors advising people to take up flu inoculation.
In recent weeks, in East Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire, the rate of flu vaccination has dropped by 10% and at some medical centre the fall is even greater by 30%.
- Next generation optical disc by Panasonic and Sony
- Pebble launches its App Store on Android smartphones
- Oscar Mayer unveils new ‘Wake Up & Smell the Bacon’ alarm-clock app for iPhone
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini