Researchers have found that a new drug called AVI-4658 or eteplirsen has shown positive results on patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Clinical trials of the drug conducted on boys aged between 5 and 15 have shown that those who received the highest level of the drug eteplirsen had a significant increase in production of a missing protein and increase in muscle fibers.
A new study carried out on a mouse claimed that an incessant night's sleep was vital prerequisite for a good memory.
The study not only proved that the disturbed sleep affected the memory but they also tracked the time length of the sleep because they believed that time span was strongly correlated to the combination of the memories by the resting brain.
A recent study carried out by researchers from the Universities of Vermont and Buffalo has claimed that calorie consumption decreases if there are limited food choices. The researchers have also found that people who have a lot of food choices eat large amount of calories as compared to others. The study was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone