The financial regulator of New York State has asked Standard Chartered plc the UK-based lender to pay a civil monetary fine of $300 million. Along with the penalty the bank has also been asked to take some other remedial steps due to which it failed to perk up its controls over money laundering which were needed according to the previous settlement that it made with the regulator in 2012.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone