In Response to Tuesday’s Oil Spill, Governor Jerry Brown Declares State of Emergency in Santa Barbara CountySubmitted by Arati Matia on Thu, 05/21/2015 - 08:24
On Wednesday, Governor Jerry Brown issued an emergency declaration in the Santa Barbara County because of the oil spill from a ruptured pipe at Refugio State Beach.
The governor's move will allow the state to quickly gather the available resources and free up added state funding to assist in the cleaning up efforts.
An oil pipeline rupture along the California coast on May 19 has caused dumping of oil in the water which is washing ashore on the beaches close to Santa Barbara, California.
The pipeline which broke is operated by Plains All-American Pipeline. The ruptured caused spilling of approximately 21,000 gallons of oil into the ocean.
A Plane of Hawaiian Airlines Bound for Honolulu Made Emergency Landing in LAX after Facing Mechanical GlitchSubmitted by Nalin Sahdev on Tue, 05/19/2015 - 12:23
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone