As winter storms hit the country hammering the markets for the three big weekend openings, Jim Carrey's new comedy 'Yes Man' grabbed first position at the box office ($18.2-million), with Will Smith's 'Seven Pounds' ($16-million) at second place, while animated feature film 'The Tale of Despereaux' about a heroic mouse, castles and dungeons, came in at No. 3 ($10.5-million).
We liked Jim Carrey and we continue to like him, but, despite being mellower these days, he's dated and still doing comedy routines from '90s, in times when comedy standards have been raised by the crackling wit of Steve Carell and Tina Fey. Rather, Jim Carrey reaching an uncomfortable point in his career, is simply too old to act in that weird Jim Carrey way.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone