Alberta is going to be the first province in Canada to sponsor a new insulin pump program without any age restrictions. The move is highly appreciated by the diabetes community in Edmonton.
The new program will enable people with Type 1 diabetes to get an insulin pump. The announcement of the new insulin pump program was made during the 2013 provincial budget on Thursday.
Health Minister Fred Horne has said that isolation and stress has become very common for students. In order to improve metal health services, the Alberta Government has promised to give $10 million. This money would be equally distributed over three years. This decision has been preceded with a concern by health officials over suicide and psychiatric disorders among students.
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini
- Panasonic announces Lumix DMC-GH4 camera with built-in 4K video recording
- Google releases Chromecast SDK to general public
- Dell unveils new $129 device that brings Android OS to any TV or display with HDMI input