Alberta is going to be the first province in Canada to sponsor a new insulin pump program without any age restrictions. The move is highly appreciated by the diabetes community in Edmonton.
The new program will enable people with Type 1 diabetes to get an insulin pump. The announcement of the new insulin pump program was made during the 2013 provincial budget on Thursday.
Health Minister Fred Horne has said that isolation and stress has become very common for students. In order to improve metal health services, the Alberta Government has promised to give $10 million. This money would be equally distributed over three years. This decision has been preceded with a concern by health officials over suicide and psychiatric disorders among students.
Alberta Health Services and the University of Alberta have successfully developed a new iPhone app to aid the people of Alberta who are affected by heart failure.
Named Med-HF, the app will help the pharmacist and physicians of Alberta to help the locals with medication. It is expected to benefit about 80,000 patients who will be entitled to improve care from their doctors.
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez