Alberta is going to be the first province in Canada to sponsor a new insulin pump program without any age restrictions. The move is highly appreciated by the diabetes community in Edmonton.
The new program will enable people with Type 1 diabetes to get an insulin pump. The announcement of the new insulin pump program was made during the 2013 provincial budget on Thursday.
Health Minister Fred Horne has said that isolation and stress has become very common for students. In order to improve metal health services, the Alberta Government has promised to give $10 million. This money would be equally distributed over three years. This decision has been preceded with a concern by health officials over suicide and psychiatric disorders among students.
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK