Third quarter figures posted by FPL Group Inc. have revealed the company's tumbling profits which have plunged by a whopping 31%. Weak electricity demands and the economic downturn are being looked at as possible reasons for the disappointing figures which fall much below estimates pegged by Wall Street analysts.
Regulators closed on Friday three banks in Florida, one in Georgia, one in Wisconsin, one in Minnesota and one in Illinois, pushing the tally to 106 this year, the highest since 1992.
Partners Bank in Naples, with its $68.7 million in assets plus $63.4 million in deposits, was taken over by the FDIC.
With there being no let off in the stormy weather in Florida even on Friday, thereby making the landing of Discovery space shuttle at the Kennedy Space Center impossible, Mission Control decided to go ahead with the landing at the backup site - Edwards Air Force Base in California, where the weather was perfect!
NASA's space shuttle Discovery, with seven-astronaut crew, successfully landed at Edwards Air Force Base in California amid sunny sky after bad weather prevented its return to the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
NASA wanted the shuttle to land in Florida in a bid to save the trouble and expense of ferrying them back to the Kennedy Space Center.
- Pebble launches its App Store on Android smartphones
- Oscar Mayer unveils new ‘Wake Up & Smell the Bacon’ alarm-clock app for iPhone
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini
- Panasonic announces Lumix DMC-GH4 camera with built-in 4K video recording