San Francisco - Reclusive Swiss architect Peter Zumthor on Sunday won the coveted Pritzker Prize, said to be architecture's equivalent of the Nobel Prize. Both controversial and idiosyncratic, Zumthor, 65, works quietly in the Swiss village of Haldenstein, but he has designed projects in Germany , Austria, The Netherlands, England, Spain, Norway, Finland and the United States.
San Francisco - Can the tight US economy help Microsoft beat back the cavalry charge of its much smaller, but much cooler, competitor Apple?
The software giant from Seattle seems to sense a whiff of opportunity in the air, bombarding the trendy maker of Macs, iPhones and iPods in ads and executive comments for being too expensive in these penny-pinching times.
Lenovo is displaying its pepped-up workstation line with two new models - the ThinkStation D20 and S20 - at this week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. Both the new computers - designed for professionals involved in digital content creation (DCC), computer-aided design (CAD), and engineering design automation fields - are aimed at high-end developers and users.
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez