A report stated that dentists should be careful as they are vulnerable to a higher than average risk of a cancer caused by asbestos called mesothelioma.
Website www. asbestos. net stated that this is possible as dentists are exposed to asbestos, which is used for their profession, as a lining material for casting rings.
Asbestos related disease might be developed by a continued exposure that naturally increases the concentration of asbestos fibers that are inhaled.
This warning follows after a dental technician from Eastbourne, east Sussex, died of the disease last month.
Edward Seviour diedat the age of 73 in August 2009. The dental equipment he used was thought to contain the asbestos.
He was diagnosed with mesotheliomain in 2008 after he consulted his GP about a chest infection.
Coroner, Alan Craze, recording a verdict of industrial disease, said, ‘I'm entirely satisfied in every respect that this death is due to industrial disease, caused by mesothelioma, 90 per cent of cases of which are caused by asbestos and exposure was while he was at work.'
Dental professionals who might have been exposed to asbestos are urged to consult their GP.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez