Under an HIV protection move, the British authorities have planned to donate 42 million condoms to South Africa ahead of the Soccer World Cup.
During his visit to UK, the South African President, Jacob Zuma requested the UK ministry to provide an extra 1 billion condoms to meet the needs of the tourists.
The Department for International Development will be proclaiming its funding of 1-million-pound at the summit on HIV prevention and treatment in London.
"Obviously there's a big focus on the World Cup coming up and a huge increase in the number of people coming into South Africa", the Guardian quoted the International Development Minister, Gareth Thomas.
"The South Africans have identified themselves the need to get more condoms in place. South Africa specifically asked for British assistance and we are responding to that request", added Gareth.
The South African has already warned that more than 40000 sex workers are likely to visit the country during the World Cup.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez