It is shocking to hear how cancer gene therapy can be done through nanotech robots. A team of Caltech researchers have found a way to enter into patient’s blood and into tumors through tiny nanoparticles which delivers therapy and turns off an important cancer gene.
The team has found the way to enter into the human body through tiny robots covered with a protein called Transferrin and cures those different types of tumors, at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. This technology is known as Nanotechnology.
"We're excited about it because there is a lot of skepticism whenever any new technology comes in", said Davis, a consultant to privately held Calando Pharmaceuticals Inc. He also said that this was the first study that could go in the human body and undertake the therapy.
Davis also mentioned that after these particles reach the tumor cells, they break them down and stops them from spreading. The particles also have a sensor in them which gets into the infected cell and takes action.
In June, at the American Society of Clinical Oncology, part of the study will be presented.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez