It happened for the first time in the history of America that every American is forced to buy a health insurance for the threat of fine.
President Barack Obama has made it mandatory to obtain a health insurance bill by 2014, according to the bill that he signed last Tuesday. The Government will fine insurance-free renegades 2.5% of their income or $695, whichever is greater out of the two, within two years.
This is the greatest interference of the federal Government into civil society ever. Making it compulsory for all the Americans to buy the insurance is intended to solve the "free-rider" problem as well as to expand the risk pool so the younger and healthier finance the care of the older and sicker.
Politics can not cancel Obamacare, but the constitution still stands in the way. Government will surely be able to reach the goal of providing health care for all, but it has to follow the Constitution`s established pathways. Congress can simply provide every citizen with a voucher to buy a minimum health-insurance policy rather than imposing every individual to buy the same.
- Dell set to introduce its Dell Chromebook 11
- LG announces $349-priced G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition tablet
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally