It has been seen that, Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam, is planning to increase the ticket prices by five times the usual price. It would be shocking news for the lakhs of devotees who are visiting Lord Vekateswara temple this holiday season.
According to the sources, the final decision would be made in May in the next board meeting. It was also seen that there would be a high rise in the ticket rates of Arjitha sevas like Suprabhatam, Thomala and Archana where the devotees worship Lord Balaji for more than half-an-hour.
Presently, the ticket rate of the Suprabhatam is Rs 120 and it would increase to Rs 500 whereas the ticket rate for Thomala and Archana would increase from Rs 220 to Rs 1250. The ticket price of Sahasra Deepalankara Seva, would increase from Rs 1000 to Rs 2000. It was told by a senior official of the temple that they have made this decision after thinking about it for a long time.
"We have received several complaints about misappropriation of the seva tickets. Even common pilgrims are complaining about disparities in the rates of these tickets", said an official. The plans to increase the rates were being discussed for over three months now.
- Pebble launches its App Store on Android smartphones
- Oscar Mayer unveils new ‘Wake Up & Smell the Bacon’ alarm-clock app for iPhone
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini
- Panasonic announces Lumix DMC-GH4 camera with built-in 4K video recording