23 year old Sharita Thompson was a child abuse witness, and since then has vowed to keep all the children she can away and safe from abuse and neglect.
Presently, children from UCO's Child Study Center are busy prepping from their spring show which will take place on April 20 and 21 in support of the ongoing Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Ms. Thompson is a part of the University of Central Oklahoma's efforts to help spread proper awareness about the Child Abuse Prevention Month across the community and campus.
"This cause is very dear to my heart. When I was younger, my brothers were abused ... I was emotionally affected", she said.
On Wednesday at 8 am, the second yearly Building a Blue Ribbon Tree will commence. As part of the event, volunteers will be tying blue ribbons along the trees of Broncho Lake.
In addition, there will be many other events, which will include a parade and other programs.
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone