23 year old Sharita Thompson was a child abuse witness, and since then has vowed to keep all the children she can away and safe from abuse and neglect.
Presently, children from UCO's Child Study Center are busy prepping from their spring show which will take place on April 20 and 21 in support of the ongoing Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Ms. Thompson is a part of the University of Central Oklahoma's efforts to help spread proper awareness about the Child Abuse Prevention Month across the community and campus.
"This cause is very dear to my heart. When I was younger, my brothers were abused ... I was emotionally affected", she said.
On Wednesday at 8 am, the second yearly Building a Blue Ribbon Tree will commence. As part of the event, volunteers will be tying blue ribbons along the trees of Broncho Lake.
In addition, there will be many other events, which will include a parade and other programs.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits