23 year old Sharita Thompson was a child abuse witness, and since then has vowed to keep all the children she can away and safe from abuse and neglect.
Presently, children from UCO's Child Study Center are busy prepping from their spring show which will take place on April 20 and 21 in support of the ongoing Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Ms. Thompson is a part of the University of Central Oklahoma's efforts to help spread proper awareness about the Child Abuse Prevention Month across the community and campus.
"This cause is very dear to my heart. When I was younger, my brothers were abused ... I was emotionally affected", she said.
On Wednesday at 8 am, the second yearly Building a Blue Ribbon Tree will commence. As part of the event, volunteers will be tying blue ribbons along the trees of Broncho Lake.
In addition, there will be many other events, which will include a parade and other programs.
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini
- Panasonic announces Lumix DMC-GH4 camera with built-in 4K video recording
- Google releases Chromecast SDK to general public
- Dell unveils new $129 device that brings Android OS to any TV or display with HDMI input