It has been reported, today, science writer Simon Singh, won his lawful case against chiropractors who prosecuted him for defamation over his condemnation of their medical claims.
This morning, the British Chiropractic Association (BCA) dropped its libel statement against Dr Singh.
This was two weeks following a landmark verdict by the Court of Appeal ruled that the author could use the guard of fair remark.
Ely Place Chambers, which acted for Dr Singh, stated, "Dr Singh's predicament as the sole defendant in an action brought in respect of a comment piece in The Guardian newspaper was seen as a rallying point for those concerned about the abuse of UK libel laws in connection with scientific debate".
Dr Singh said that is was a big relief to suddenly have this whole thing disappear, and he has got stacks of paperwork here in his office, concerning chiropractic and legal documents, which he is not sure whether to stick it in the attic or burn it.
He said he would be pursuing the BCA for his legal costs.
Dr. Singh desires to carry on campaigning for libel reform, and said that Cardiologist, Peter Wilmshurst, is still being prosecuted for defamation for criticisms he made of an American firm's medical device.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez