Once again, the fast food chain is facing a situation when it is in middle of public health debate. This time around it is with respect to its happy Meals.
The point of fight is that McDonald's does not given options in its Happy Meal category as replacement of the French fries. And the health advocates have even asked McDonald's to stop luring children with their toys, as the steps taken by the company are too little to make sure of the public health.
A research done by Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) has said that a study of the consumer groups has shown that people think that McDonald's develops unhealthy habits in children.
And another report in the USA today said that in 44 outlets that the researchers went, in most of the cases French fries were given to children and they were not even asked if they want an alternative.
McDonald's has come up with apples with caramel sauce called Apple Dippers for the replacement, recently. But this is either not available or is not given to the customers.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez