A recent study, conducted by scientists from Tel Aviv University in Israel, has revealed that women taking anti-aging pills have increased chances of getting pregnant.
The physicians have found out that taking this pill boosts the chances of pregnancy by 300%.The reason behind it is that these pills contain a hormone called DHEA.
In the study, the scientists focused on two groups of women. The first group comprised women, who went in for the conventional treatment for poor ovulation, whereas the second group of women went in for the same treatment and also took the DHEA supplement.
This hormone is produced in the brain, testes and the ovaries. The maximum levels of the hormone are present in the people when they are in their 20s and then they reduce by the 30s.
They were surprised to see the results of their study. The study was headed by Adrian Shulman of Tel Aviv University.
Shulman disclosed to the 'Daily Express' that they thought that the decreased levels of this hormone have a connection with the conception problems of older women, when using the IVF technique.
He added that they had not thought that this hormone would result in a considerable increase in the chances of pregnancy.
- Pebble launches its App Store on Android smartphones
- Oscar Mayer unveils new ‘Wake Up & Smell the Bacon’ alarm-clock app for iPhone
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini
- Panasonic announces Lumix DMC-GH4 camera with built-in 4K video recording