The Portage Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) launches its adopt-a-thon campaign that should encourage pet lovers to adopt a new family member before the Christmas holidays.
Interested citizens are invited to come to the Herman Prior Centre in order to get information on pet adoptions. Whoever already has a pet should bring it to the event as Santa Clause is invited to post for a special photo session with the animals.
A shot of getting a picture with ones pat and Santa Clause are vary from 8$ to 12$ depending on the photograph's size.
"This is going to be the only time you will get to have a peek at all of the animals available for adoption," said Karla Kirkwood. "Some of our animals are currently in the care of foster families but they will all be together on Saturday, so this is a good opportunity to see what is available for adoption."
The event further plans to sell freshly baked Christmas treats and decoration elements and even a decorated tree will be distributed during a Christmas raffle. The money from the sales of Christmas candy and the lottery will be donated to the local animal shelters.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez