In a recent announcement, Samsung revealed that the company's TV App Store had crossed the enviable `2 million downloads' milestone; the achievement coming barely two months after the company announced having surpassed the `1 million downloads' mark.
Specifically speaking, it took Samsung 268 days to touch the first million downloads; whereas the company manged to reach the second million downloads in only about 53 days!
About the incredible upsurge in TV-bound app downloads from Samsung TV App Store, a report on T3 noted that the apps sales underwent a marked growth during the holiday season - largely because of increased consumer awareness and robust hardware sales in the festive period.
Moreover, with more Smart TVs likely to be sold by Samsung in 2011, the company is hopeful that the sales will surge even higher. With Samsung projecting that nearly 12 million of the Samsung-brand, Internet-connected TVs will be shifted in 2011, it is quite evident that the popularity as well as availability of TV-based apps will witness a further ascent in the coming months.
Meanwhile, what is even more remarkable is that out of the 380 Samsung TV apps presently available in the company's TV App Store, an impressive 259 are available as completely `free' downloads. The most popular of these apps are a chunk of movie streaming and social networking applications, like Twitter and LoveFilm.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns