Cholera bacterium is declared as more fatal, by the researchers. As per the wide range of study , published in Journal Public Library of Science, hybrid strain of cholera has underwent a huge change in the span of 20 years, resulting in spiraling growth in mortality rate of cholera patients.
According to Edward Ryan, a researcher at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard University in the United States blamed the hybrid strain of cholera, as the potential cause of significant shoot up in the fatality rate, showed by the recent outbreaks.
In a recent outbreak in Zimbabwe, which lasts for almost a year, health officials blamed the delay in medical interventions, the possible cause of mass massacre caused by cholera. With many such incidents reported in Asia, the study appealed for per-emptive efforts to control the cholera outbreak.
Though mass vaccination has been recommended by the health experts , many experts have opined their concern over the effective results of vaccination. Meanwhile, another study examined the impact of oral vaccines in Vietnam, and claimed 76% in Hanoi, saved by the vaccine.
Ryan acknowledged the research work done in the field of cholera outbreak, and appealed for further probe to adapt to the changing scenarios. Further, he asserted that for the last 30 years, the treatment has been focused on combating short term impact of cholera on the patients.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns