Recently, there have been a number of recalls of the products from Johnson and Johnson. The most recent of the lot is the recall of leaking insulin pumps. It was found out that these pumps were faulty and have been called off by the company for replacement.
The leaking pumps might have caused serious health issues to the diabetes patients. The leaking pump could prevent the alarm from buzzing when there is a blockage and this might result in serious threats to the patient.
The company issued a letter to patients that read, “Learned of several cases where a leak has occurred at the plunger side of the cartridge resulting in under-delivery of insulin”. The company regretted for the inconvenience caused and is going to resolve the matter as soon as possible.
It is a potentially fatal mistake and could even have claimed the lives of many if the defect was not found out soon enough. “Once the cartridges are replaced, the pump will function as intended”, the letter said further. They also said that there is no problem with the pump.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez