Reports claimed that Americans Airlines have hiked $10 per round trip fare. This has been the seventh fare hike in this year.
The US airlines have made the price change on Wednesday. The airlines have also raised a round trip fare rise of $20 for its services to Canada and Hawaii.
Reports are still unclear whether all the major airlines would be following the US airliner and take the same step over the weekend. The carriers are increasing the fare to keep in pace with the price rise of jet fuel.
The last time the price hike was rapid was during the year 2008 when the fuel cost touched $100 a barrel. This report has been confirmed by Rick Seaney of FareCompare. com, who closely monitors ticket prices.
"Airlines who finally started making a profit late last year have little choice but to pass on fuel costs to consumers in the short term", says Seaney, who expects airlines to try to boost fares weekly through April.
The demand for air travel has been always high as most of the corporate fliers make a plan trip for spring break, summer vacations.
Senior airline analyst at ITG Investment Research, Matthew Jacob claimed that the rising cost of the fuel have provoked the airliner to raise the cost of the tickets more aggressively.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone