Shopping can extend your life! As per a recent study, regular shopping can boost the survival rate in men as compared to their female counterparts.
The team of researchers from Taiwan's National Health Research Institutes claimed that people who are in regular practice of going out for shopping with their spouse or in general are more liker to avert the risk of death by 25%. For the study, the team analyzed the shipping habits of 1,850 people of the age of 65 who have sedentary life style.
After referring the national death registration data between 1999 and 2008, Dr Yu-Hung Chang at the National Health Research Institutes, in Zhunan, Taiwan, claimed, “An elder who shops less for food would be at risk of poorer diet quality necessary to maintain health. A vicious cycle that involves limited shopping and poor diet could evolve for elders”.
Further, the study asserted that becoming a tangible part of social gathering in any form stimulates mental and physical health.
The research has highlighted that indulging in any form of social activity like shopping significantly affects the length of life in comparison to other forms of physical hardships like gym.
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK
- Nokia quietly unveils Lumia 525 Windows Phone 8 smartphone
- Acer unveils its first touchscreen Chromebook – the $300-priced C720P
- Microsoft’s launch-day sales of Xbox One surpass 1 million units