Finally Crystal Kim was able to breathe the air at her native place after Delta airlines acceded to ferry her to South Korea from Seattle.
Crystal Kim and her daughter, Mimi Kim were earlier denied travel by Korean Air Airlines on grounds of her terminal ill health. Crystal Kim suffers from fourth stage breast cancer and has only few more months to survive that she wishes to enjoy at her native South Korea.
The mother-daughter duo was to board the Korean Air flight last Sunday but the airline refused to take them on board. The duo had tickets and necessary medical documents for travel clearance but Korean Air officials concerned over possibility of her death during flight which could upset other passengers on board, denied the travel.
The Delta Air Lines stepped in to help the pair and agreed to fly them. The duo boarded a Delta Air Lines flight from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport on Thursday and landed on Friday at Incheon Airport in Seoul.
The Korean Air refunded the airfare and its Spokeswoman Penny Pfaelzer expressed airline regrets for being unable to accommodate Crystal Kim. Under international rules, the Korean Air was within its rights to refuse Kims.
Mimi Kim had bitter words for Korean Air after they landed in Korea.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone