Kim Grice, a 29-year-old woman from Florida has witnessed a frightening case of medical negligence where she experienced severe burns during a surgical procedure at the North Okaloosa Medical Center. She was under the knife with the intent of removing three cysts from her head. However, the lady has not acquired any idea about the reasons that resulted in fire.
While briefing the horrifying incident, she notified to experience second-degree burns on her face and neck because of fire eruption during the surgery. Afterwards, the hospital staff airlifted Kim Grice to University of South Alabama Burn Center. Sources have confirmed that she is slowly recovering from her condition.
In addition, her mother Ann Grice claimed that during the surgery, Kim was completely unconscious, and therefore she acquired no idea about the reasons of the blaze. In addition, she also spoke in loud against the hospital staff for their attempts of hiding the reasons behind the unfortunate accident.
On the other hand, the medical center has released an apology statement while expressing regrets on the incident that has caused severe injuries on its patient. "The hospital deeply regrets today's event in which a patient sustained burns during a procedure in our ambulatory surgery center. The staff took immediate steps to respond", said the North Okaloosa Medical Center, in a statement while assuring that the authorities have drafted plans for performing a systematic review in order to explore the case.
Further, it expressed confidence that the inquiry will play a significant role in curbing such accidents in near future. Nowadays, a majority of hospitals tend to make use of electro-cautery devices as well as lasers in order to carry out surgical procedures. These medical equipments are already known to have enough potential to ignite blaze, explained the experts.