A Chinese restaurant that came into news due to a deadly mushroom dish has voluntarily shut down. But now the ACT's Chief Health Officer, Dr. Andrew Pengilly, has asked the bistro owner to keep it closed till they are not done with their inspections.
The restaurant, which is located in the Harmonie German Club in Narranbundah, got closed soon after Christmas when it was realized that four people from the staff have got ill after consuming mushroom dish. The dish was made of world’s most poisonous mushrooms, dead caps, which took away two people lives out of four.
The bistro’s chef, Liu Jun, cooked the dish for him and three other colleagues, after the closing hours of the restaurant. Soon after consuming it all started vomiting and went to hospital where Jun and Tsou died from liver failure in Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
However, one is still fighting for his live and the fourth person was able to survive the poison and has been discharged. Canberra community is free from any threat as the meal was neither in the menu nor it has been served to any guest. It was a privately cooked meal for restaurant’s staff.
The Harmonie German Club offered condolence to deceased family members. Their message read as: ''To the family and friends of our colleagues who died recently after an unfortunate event of eating death cap mushrooms at a private meal”.
Pengilly said they have removed all the mushrooms and would not be available at public disposal. They have to ascertain one thing that how such mistake happened. Even the club door has a notice which reads that "made a deadly mistake”. But strange thing is this notice has not been put up by the owner. Community members also deny of putting such notice.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns