It has been recently revealed that a Florida man met with an accident when his e-cigarette battery blasted in his mouth. Terry Halmshaw, 57, was trying to kick smoking habit and used to smoke an electronic cigarette.
He was in his office at the time when the incident happened. His front teeth have been broken, a part of his tongue was also taken off and his face has also received burn marks. Not only this, his chair cushion also blasted, carpet and other office equipments were also damaged.
Terry was admitted at a hospital in Mobile, Alabama, and now has been released, informed Joseph Parker, who is Division Chief for the North Bay Fire Department. He said that the best way to explain Terry’s condition is as if a fired rocket has been put in a bottle. After getting discharged from the hospital, Terry thanked firefighters, who helped him to reach at the hospital.
Electronic cigarette is one of the best ways to leave smoking habit. Thomas Kiklas, who is Co-Founder of the Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association, explained that electronic cigarette looks exactly as a normal cigarette. It includes an atomizer which turns water into vapors which comes out when person smokes.
It is one of its kind incidents, said Thomas. Generally, such incidents does not happen as manufactures take proper care that plastic battery and its cartridge does not have any problem. Thousands and thousands of electronic cigarettes have been sold, but they have not heard about any such incident which has happened with Terry.
"There have been billions and billions of puffs on the cigarettes and we have not heard of this happening before”, said Thomas. It is said that a complete investigation will be done in this regard, informed Parker.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns