After spending five years as a man, a Brit gave birth to a baby girl in March 2011.
The 27-year-old university graduate was in a gay relationship. He legally changed his name and gender to male. But, he was able to give birth to a child as his womb was not removed during the sex change procedure.
He was also taking female hormones to overturn the effect of his female to male sex change procedure.
In an interview with The Mail, the man said on the condition of anonymity that he had not changed his gender to become famous.
Speaking on the topic, he said, “I would certainly want to help people in an anonymous capacity but I wouldn't want to become famous for that, I wouldn't want to be known like Thomas Beatie.”
The man has recently parted from his male partner and is now raising his baby girl as a single parent.
Thomas Beatie is a 38-year-old American transsexual who gave birth to a baby girl in the year of 2008 and then to a boy in a year later.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone