After spending five years as a man, a Brit gave birth to a baby girl in March 2011.
The 27-year-old university graduate was in a gay relationship. He legally changed his name and gender to male. But, he was able to give birth to a child as his womb was not removed during the sex change procedure.
He was also taking female hormones to overturn the effect of his female to male sex change procedure.
In an interview with The Mail, the man said on the condition of anonymity that he had not changed his gender to become famous.
Speaking on the topic, he said, “I would certainly want to help people in an anonymous capacity but I wouldn't want to become famous for that, I wouldn't want to be known like Thomas Beatie.”
The man has recently parted from his male partner and is now raising his baby girl as a single parent.
Thomas Beatie is a 38-year-old American transsexual who gave birth to a baby girl in the year of 2008 and then to a boy in a year later.
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK