After spending five years as a man, a Brit gave birth to a baby girl in March 2011.
The 27-year-old university graduate was in a gay relationship. He legally changed his name and gender to male. But, he was able to give birth to a child as his womb was not removed during the sex change procedure.
He was also taking female hormones to overturn the effect of his female to male sex change procedure.
In an interview with The Mail, the man said on the condition of anonymity that he had not changed his gender to become famous.
Speaking on the topic, he said, “I would certainly want to help people in an anonymous capacity but I wouldn't want to become famous for that, I wouldn't want to be known like Thomas Beatie.”
The man has recently parted from his male partner and is now raising his baby girl as a single parent.
Thomas Beatie is a 38-year-old American transsexual who gave birth to a baby girl in the year of 2008 and then to a boy in a year later.
- Next generation optical disc by Panasonic and Sony
- Pebble launches its App Store on Android smartphones
- Oscar Mayer unveils new ‘Wake Up & Smell the Bacon’ alarm-clock app for iPhone
- Dyson launches a quieter, more efficient bladeless fan
- Samsung reveals new Black Edition models of Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini