It has been recently revealed that Southampton Police has confiscated two packets of unlicensed female sanitary product known as Tantum Rosa from Polish Shops in the region. It is said that the product contains crystallized benzydamine hydrochloride, which can cause hallucinations if misused.
The police was of the view that it is the first such case where the product has been misused. The product is used by the druggists in Europe, but it is the first case that has taken place in Southampton. The officials told that they conducted raids at a local cemetery as well. They have found packages of Tantum Rosa there also.
The officials told that they are going to issue public health warnings against the usage of the product. There are possibilities as well that the shopkeepers might have to pay fine for selling the products. A Southampton resident, Ella Porawska, originally hailing from Poland, said that she was quite shocked to see the product at the chemist shop.
She provided information to the police, Trading Standards and the government's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). They later conducted investigations at the Danio Polish Shop, which is at St Mary's Road.
They found that the shopkeeper was selling Tantum Rosa packets to buyers. The MHRA further conducted raids at other four Polish shops, but did not found the product.
Danny Lee-Frost, from the MHRA, said, "Because it is labeled in Polish, people who get hold of it won't be aware of what the ingredients are if they do attempt to misuse it”.
The MHRA said that they have clearly told all the Polish and other shopkeepers to remove the product from their shelves. If they still found the product at any shop then shopkeepers will have to face prosecution.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns