According to a study men like women more in red because they associate the colour with sex and feels that their chances of being rejected are less if a woman is wearing a red outfit.
Psychologists who carried out the research stated that red carries a powerful message which is about a women being receptive to advances of a romantic nature and men find it appealing.
These findings can explain that why do women wearing red dresses have a stimulating image as compared to women wearing other colours in present time.
Photos of the same woman were shown to men in different colour dresses but men found her more attractive when she was in a red shirt as compared to other colors.
About 96 men were asked questions based on this and they were from the United States and Austria and it was concluded that men believed that their romantic advances were likely to be accepted by women wearing red colour.
Adam Pazda, a social psychologist at the University of Rochester, in New York state said, "We find it fascinating that merely changing the colour of a woman's shirt can have such a strong influence on how she is perceived by men."
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns