It has been recently revealed that the NHS has committed a big blunder in which they transplanted a kidney infected with cancer to a patient suffering from diabetes. The NHS has admitted its mistake and termed it to be human error.
Till now no compensation has been fixed, but they have passed ion their sincere and unreserved apologies to Gillian Smart, 47. The NHS said that error has been committed by a nurse, whose training has not completed yet.
Gill said that she was diagnosed with diabetes at the time when she was just 16 years old. She started taking medicines, but later she was told that her kidneys were failing and she would soon need a kidney transplant.
After a few days, she was informed by the doctors that they have arranged kidney for her. The kidney was of a lady, who was no more. Operation went smoothly and she even started feeling better and was excited with the fact that she will be able to live life.
She never knew that destiny has some other plans for her. After five days of her operation, doctors came to her room and broke out the news that the donor, whose kidney has been given to her was suffering from a rare form of cancer known as intravascular B cell lymphoma.
Its symptoms are unspecific so patient is no able to detect about the disease. Doctors said that they got know about the cancer after conducting post mortem of the women, whose kidney has been transplant in Gill.
The nurse, who has committed the blunder, was continuously apologizing to Gill. But Gill was still in a state of shock. “Everyone tells me how much they admire my strength and positive attitude, but what keeps me awake at night is not what will happen to me but what will happen to Paul and the children if I don’t win this battle”, said Gill.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns