It has recently been revealed in a report that a write-down is going to be incurred by Walt Disney, for a sum of $200m. This is going to be for John Carter, the recent movie. The movie had a huge $300m budget as well as promotion and marketing done throughout the world, but it failed to do well at the box office. The movie is based on a novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
The movie is actually about a civil war hero from America. He goes to Mars and has a series of adventures there. This has been one of the costliest flop movies in Hollywood in the recent times, and the brunt of the same is being borne by the people who have spent on the making of the magnum opus.
The write-down is definitely a blow for the chairman of the Walt Disney studios, Mr. Rich Ross, who has continued his efforts of trying to improve the returns they are getting after the restructuring.
“You never really know what a budget is for any of these films because Hollywood isn't very open with its numbers. Directionally, though, these are definitely near the top of any list of worst films”, said Keith Simanton, managing editor of IMDb.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns