Data breach has been a very menacing fact that has been dealt by the security industry in the recent times. Hackers who do the data breach either for political motives or social agendas have now became the front runners surpassing even the organized crime groups this year.
According to Verizon's 2012 Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), the most important development of 2011 was the arrival of hacktivism which turned the game in favor of hackers. With the age of technology getting more advanced and most of the data going online, it has become the number one cause of data theft reported every now and then.
There have been various sophisticated techniques that are being put to work by these groups in order to achieve its activist goals. There were almost 100 million records that were stolen in the past year, out of which hacktivists were alone responsible for 58%. What is more intriguing is that most of these attacks were on the larger organizations.
There precision of work is so unique that most of them even gave warnings in advance of the breach that would take place. In order to strengthen the security, necessary measures ought to be taken.
- Fire threatens entire city in Alberta
- Authorities order evacuation of entire city in Alberta due to wildfire
- Mitel Networks Corp of Canada to Buy Polycom Inc for Almost $2 Billion
- Reportedly Bombardier Inc. is Nearing a Deal with Delta for C Series Jetliners
- Review shows alcohol has no net health benefits