It has been reported that T-Mobile USA would be reducing its number of employees by 5%, following the reduced sales. While making announcement about job cuts, the company said that a retrenchment is required so that the company could increase funding for the upgradation of broadband services.
The company is planning to introduce faster mobile broadband service known as 4G LTE. Last year, T-Mobile USA lost large number of customers. The loss has big for the firm as because of it was forced to impose job cuts.
However, it has been informed that T-Mobile is planning to spend $1.4 billion over 4G LTE project next year. The 4G LTE is, at present, being provided by AT&T and Verizon Wireless. The company is hopeful that the upgradation would help in winning back the trust of the customers.
Recently, T-Mobile informed that it is planning to sell off a few of its cell towers. Meanwhile, it has been informed that AT&T has surrendered its plans of acquiring T-Mobile. Many competitors and rivals were against the deal. Besides the Justice Department, state Attorney General and Federal Communications Commission also were in opposition of the deal.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez