There was indication that the trading among the US stocks would be a bit choppy on Monday in the wake of the global growth concerns which are keeping the investors at bay. Due to the current economic downfall globally, investors are pretty wary and are withholding themselves of outing money into the market.
Although there was a little respite for the Dow Jones industrial average (INDU), S&P 500 (SPX) and Nasdaq (COMP) futures which were up slightly, the possible direction of the market would be clear once they open at 9:30 a. m. ET.
The concerns about US economy have been very worrisome, which has shown its impact on the markets. Moreover, there were further concerns about a slower growth pattern that is emerging in China, which is the world's second largest economy. These all have made the investors very worried and has dampened their enthusiasm. They would now have an eye on Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, who is slated to address the National Association for Business Economics in Virginia on Monday.
The global stock markets have been going through turmoil after the slowdown of economic growth in many countries. The most hit among them is the Euro zone, which is going through a major reconsideration.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez