It seems that Apple is going to face a tough time ahead as it was found that a consumer watchdog has lashed out at the company for misleading consumers about the 4G capability of its new third-generation iPad. The situation has gone to the extent that the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission would approach the Federal Court in Melbourne on Wednesday, thereby charging the company of befooling consumers.
It has made it clear that the company has violated the Australian Consumer Law, thereby representing its new iPad as 4G-capable. Not only this, the ACCC is expecting to make the company penalized for the move they took in the recent promotion.
“It represents to Australian consumers that the product ‘iPad with WiFi + 4G’ can, with a SIM card, connect to a 4G mobile data network in Australia, when this is not the case”, said the ACCC.
It has become all the more imperative that all those who are planning to have an 'iPad with WiFi + 4G' are fully aware of mobile data networks, which the iPad can directly access by a SIM card.
In response to the same, no one from the company came out to defend.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez