It has been recently revealed in a report that there is going to be an investigation held on the GP reference proposals that have seen a sharp fall in the time. It was said that even though 90% of the referrals are made via Choose and Book, there has been a fall witnessed in the same in the past 2 years.
It used to be 57% earlier, which has now become 50%, which is a sharp fall for such a short time. One of the reasons for this downfall might surely be the removal of the Choose and Book LES in different areas of the country. This has surely put an impact on the scenario and there is need for making amendments in the same in the time to come.
It has been admitted by the Department of Health that this has been the case, and it might also be due to lack of proper funding.
"There may be a number of reasons for this, including changes in GP funding to use Choose and Book. We are actively liaising with SHAs, PCTs and those clinical commissioning groups which are formed, in order to analyze the causes", said the DH spokesperson.
- Google Nexus 10 2 launch date reportedly delayed to 2014
- Ford unveils new 2015 Mustang in its first global launch
- Ford set to unveil its all-new 2015 Mustang --- the first Mustang to be sold globally
- Finnish startup Jolla Oy launches its self-titled Jolla headset in Europe
- HTC to launch dual-SIM variant of flagship HTC One handset in UK