Recent news revealed that the Harper budget will continue its full support with the athletes and the National Sports federation. The budget details emphasized that the government will keep on funding this sector to enhance its growth and it will even heartily applaud those who put up their best on ground and give out a high-performance.
The decision given out was applauded by the Canadian Olympic committee, which is left with just a few days to march their ways to London 2012 Olympics. The committee officials even asserted that it was not too easy to take up such decisions, when the country is actually facing economical challenges.
They even asserted that the step will help boost the confidence and motivation of the athletes. Moreover, it will even increase the importance of sports.
Caroline Assalian, Canadian Olympic Committee Chief Sport Officer, said "We are pleased with this outcome and thank the Harper Government for their continued leadership in the support of Canada's high performance athletes”.
She asserted that the decision well help energize the athletes, who have already given good performances at this winter Vancouver games. The continuation of funding will urge these athletes to give their best in the London 2012 Olympics.
- Fireball over Yellowknife Turns the Night-Sky Bright
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- Digitally-connected young Canadians are regular targets of ‘phishing’ scams
- Comprehensive Study Casts Doubt on Value of Mammograms
- Individuals have to stop piglet-killing disease by keeping it out of their barns