It has been reported that Google is planning to come up with an online store which could help consumers in buying tablets without visiting a number of local stores. The store thus launched by Google would sell Google-branded tablets.
Besides, the models of tablets built by Samsung and Asus would also be sold on the Google online stores. It is believed that by launching an online store, Google is planning to defeat Apple in the tablet market. However, Google has not yet made any comments about the launch of the online store.
Google’s first hardware store was a great success, which was launched in 2010. The store sold to customers, first Android phone, the Nexus One. It has been found that online sales of the phones have always been sluggish as a large number of mobile operators were providing them.
However, this time, Google is hoping that its plans of launching online stores for tablets would do far better than expected. Competition among the tablet manufacturer is growing swiftly. In 2011, Amazon launched its touchscreen Kindle e-reader in US. It is expected that the tablet would appear in the markets of Europe by late April 2012. It would be interesting to see as to how Google, amidst the growing competition, achieves its goals.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez